Sunday, May 20, 2007

bitters




Ach! and Oy! I raise my bitter cup with thee, fellow vinyl fragrance devotee.
I too detect a cold breeze blowing from the nether regions of those who own culture.
Is it downloading? Is it TV? Is it the plethora? I don't know. Really I don't care.
I know that as long as you and I and others alike are out and about, what we want and what we need will be somewhere within the going…

Trips of this ilk, like Don Quixote's, are the most illogical and unrewarding, but the most eloquent and beautiful.
We know why we go and where with little hope of comfort.
The world may ask and we may tell them, but understanding and loving are ours alone.
We may keep it to make us strong (and wise?)

A flood of memory and emotion has been undammed from a life spent placing too much emphasis on this art form - music and its sundry and vulgar pursuit - compulsive. Regret? Stop now?
Is it the end of an era? No! The end of an ear!

No comments: